Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Making Myself Work -The Stuck Indoors Thread

Time: 2:30 pm
Location
: Alex's computer listening to Air as my ankle thumps and thumps from the blood rushing to it's rescue, not helping but swelling the injury (which was really me just hitting the little bone on the inside of my ankle against the skateboard over a week ago, yet it's still bruised? Preventing me from continuing my "skating training"). At the computer, even though it is a beautiful August day and I should be by Kellie's pool, or the beach waiting for the tide while soaking in the sun.
Thoughts
: Yesterday I saw a comedian (the name escapes me but he's a character in the show Arrested Development) talk about McDonald's. This is me paraphrasing it-

If McDonald's stopped advertising for like four months, people wouldn't forget. They're not going to be like
"Where'd McDonald's go?"
just because they aren't being force-fed Grade D meat at value meal prices. If McDonald's didn't advertise for just four months, they would save millions of dollars that could be put back in the system. Starting maybe by paying the employees a dollar extra, so when I go to McDonald's I don't have to deal with an understandably pissed off 19 year old, sweating over the 900 degree frialator thinking
"why am I not selling drugs?

No comments: